Equipment Lease Agreement
This Equipment Lease Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered on
The “Date defined on signing document”, by and between, Waterman Solutions Limited T/A Watermans (“Lessor”) and “Entity defined on signing document” (“Lessee”) (collectively referred to as
defined on signing document
The Parties agree as follows:
1. EQUIPMENT: Lessor hereby leases to Lessee the following equipment:
Defined on signing document
2. LEASE TERM & PAYMENTS: The lease will start on the “Date defined on signing document” (begin date) and expires on the “Date defined on signing document”. Rent of “Amount defined on signing document” must be paid on a monthly basis. If the Equipment is no longer required at the address above, the Lessee must contact The Lessor and the equipment will be removed from the premises by the Lessor and the Lease Agreement terminated. As this is a minimum “Date defined on signing document” rental agreement, a reimbursement to the Lessor must be paid up in full for the remaining time period of this agreement.
3. LATE CHARGES: If any amount under this Agreement is more than 30 days
late, Lessee agrees to pay a late fee of “Amount defined on signing document”
4. DELIVERY: The Lessor will be notified when the equipment is no longer required by the Lessee. The Lessor will arrange a time to remove the equipment with Lessee.
5. DEFAULTS: If Lessee fails to perform or fulfil any obligation under this
Agreement, Lessee shall be in default of this Agreement. Subject to any statute,
ordinance or law to the contrary, Lessee shall have seven (7) days from the date of notice
of default by Lessor to cure the default. In the event the Lessee does not cure a default,
Lessor may at Lessor’s option (a) cure such default and the cost of such action may be
added to Lessee’s financial obligations under this Agreement; or (b) declare Lessee in
default of the Agreement. If Lessee shall become insolvent, cease to do business as a
going concern or if a petition has been filed by or against Lessee under the Bankruptcy
Act, Lessor may immediately declare Lessee in default of this Agreement. In the event of default, Lessor may, as permitted by law, re-take possession of the Equipment. Lessor may, at its option, hold Lessee liable for any difference between the Rent that would have been payable under this Agreement during the balance of the unexpired term and any rent paid by any successive lessee if the Equipment is re-let minus the cost and expenses of such reletting. In the event Lessor is unable to re-let the Equipment during any remaining term of this Agreement, after default by Lessee, Lessor may at its option hold Lessee liable for the balance of the unpaid rent under this Agreement if this Agreement had continued in force.
6. POSSESSION AND SURRENDER OF EQUIPMENT: Lessee shall be entitled to
possession of the Equipment on the first day of the Lease Term. At the expiration of the
Lease Term, Lessee shall surrender the Equipment in good condition and working order, ordinary wear and tear excepted, as it was at the commencement of the Agreement.
7. USE OF EQUIPMENT: Lessee shall only use the Equipment in a careful and proper
manner and will comply with all laws, rules, ordinances, statutes and orders regarding the
use, maintenance and storage of the Equipment.
8. CONDITION OF EQUIPMENT AND REPAIR: Lessee or Lessee’s agent has
inspected the Equipment and acknowledges that the Equipment is in good and acceptable
9. MAINTENANCE, DAMAGE AND LOSS: Lessee will, at Lessee's sole expense,
keep and maintain the Equipment clean and in good working order and repair during the
Lease Term. All equipment shall be covered for the duration of Lease by a Lessor hardware warranty. In the event the Equipment is lost or damaged beyond repair, The Lessee shall pay to the Lessor the replacement cost of the Equipment; in addition, the obligations of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect through the Lease Term.
10. INSURANCE: Lessee shall be responsible to maintain insurance on the Equipment
with losses payable to Lessor against fire, theft, collision, and other such risks as are
appropriate and specified by Lessor. Upon request by Lessor, Lessee shall provide proof
of such insurance.
11. ENCUMBRANCES, TAXES AND OTHER LAWS: Lessee shall keep the
Equipment free and clear of any liens or other encumbrances, and shall not permit any act
where Lessor’s title or rights may be negatively affected. Lessee shall be responsible for
complying with and conforming to all laws and regulations relating to the possession, use
or maintenance of the Equipment. Furthermore, Lessee shall promptly pay all taxes, fees,
licenses and governmental charges, together with any penalties or interest thereon,
relating to the possession, use or maintenance of the Equipment.
12. LESSORS REPRESENTATIONS: Lessor represents and warrants that he/she has
the right to lease the Equipment as provided in this Agreement and that Lessee shall be
entitled to quietly hold and possess the Equipment, and Lessor will not interfere with that
right if Lessee pays the Rent in a timely manner and performs all other
obligations under this Agreement.
14. OWNERSHIP: The Equipment is and shall remain the exclusive property of Lessor.
15. SEVERABILITY: If any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held unenforceable
for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If
any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of
competent jurisdiction, and if limiting such provision would make the provision valid,
then such provision shall be deemed to be construed as so limited.
16. ASSIGNMENT: Neither this Agreement nor Lessee’s rights hereunder are
assignable except with Lessor’s prior, written consent.
17. BINDING EFFECT: The covenants and conditions contained in the Agreement
shall apply to and bind the Parties and the heirs, legal representatives, successors and
permitted assigns of the Parties.
18. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in
accordance with the laws of New Zealand
19. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between
the Parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind
preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions,
understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter
of this Agreement. This Agreement may be modified in writing and must be signed by
both Lessor and Lessee.
20. CUMULATIVE RIGHTS: Lessor’s and Lessee’s rights under this Agreement are
cumulative, and shall not be construed as exclusive of each other unless otherwise
required by law.
21. WAIVER: The failure of either party to enforce any provisions of this Agreement
shall not be deemed a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce
and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement. The acceptance of
rent by Lessor does not waive Lessor’s right to enforce any provisions of this Agreement.
22. INDEMNIFICATION: Except for damages, claims or losses due to Lessor’s acts or
negligence, Lessee, to the extent permitted by law, will indemnify and hold Lessor and
Lessor’s property, free and harmless from any liability for losses, claims, injury to or
death of any person, including Lessee, or for damage to property arising from Lessee
using and possessing the Equipment or from the acts or omissions of any person or
persons, including Lessee, using or possessing the Equipment with Lessee’s express or
23. ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS (Specify “none” if there are no